Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Farewell

Friday, April 27th, was my last day of work! My class, with the help of many moms, threw me a baby shower. When we came back from afternoon recess the moms had tied balloons to my chair and set up for the little party. We had cake and strawberries, played a game (Guess-how-big Mrs. Martin's-belly-is) and then I opened gifts. The best gift of all was from the whole class. Each of my students made a special page that included a recent photo and a baby photo along with little notes or advice. I thought it was such a cute idea! Here are a few of the pages:
I will miss my first graders...I had such a great class this year! I keep thinking I'll be going back to work in a couple of days...it's hard to fully let go. But I am very grateful to have this time off. My body definitely needs the rest. So, here's to enjoying more days of relaxation and getting ready for this baby!

3 comments:

rachel said...

What a fun way to end your school year. Cute idea with the advice from the kids!

Ambie T. said...

How cute! Definitely get some rest while you can. I can't wait to see a pic of your little guy!

Emily said...

What a cute idea!