Friday, April 13, 2007

Just Checking In

At my last doctor's appointment my belly measured a llittle smaller for being 33+ weeks. (And the previous visit it measured bigger.) Our Dr. told us that she would like us to get an ultrasound to check the baby's size. She said the measurement being off could be due to my height but she wanted to be on the safe side and have him checked. Well, we had the ultrasound today and everything looks good! In fact the baby is measuring big for our due date...they said he's about 6 lbs. right now. So that means this baby will be 8 lbs or so at birth. This doesn't surprise me as all my siblings (including myself) were 8 lbs or more. We are just very happy that everything is OK and that our little boy is growing strong and healthy. It was fun being able to see him since our last ultrasound was back in December. Now I know which body parts have been kicking and poking me this last little while:)

We also pre-registered at the hospital today so that's one less thing I have to worry about. We were told that May will be a busy month for delivering babies. The time is just flying by...awhile back April seemed so far away and now we're in April with just a few weeks left before the due date. By the way, I've enjoyed my Spring Break this week and I'm very excited that I only have 2 more weeks left of teaching. I plan on getting some last minute things done during my time-off before the baby arrives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad the ultrasound relieved your worries :)
Good luck with the last two weeks of school!

Laura

Ambie T. said...

I am happy to hear all is well. Hang in there!