Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Zoo Field Trip

Yesterday all the first grade classes went on a field trip to the L.A. Zoo. Kevin, Nathan and Sandi met us there. This was Nathan's 1st trip to the zoo.
As we walked in we found Reggie the Alligator...he's pretty famous around here. He was captured and taken to the zoo the day Nathan was born.
Nathan: Hello Reggie!
Nathan was more interested in his pacifier holder than the Komodo Dragon staring at him.
I was so excited to learn that the Gorilla exhibit is finally finished! (We go to the L.A. Zoo every year with our first graders and it's always been a work in progress.) The gorillas were amazing...they didn't even seem real.
This one was roaming around making for some great photo opportunities. I thought this was a cool shot.
Someone's getting sleepy...
My favorite zoo animal is the giraffe. The baby giraffe was adorable and only 3 days old. We even saw him run around which was cute because he was a little wibbly-wobbly on his legs.
Unfortunately Nathan fell asleep right before we came to the giraffes. I thought he would like them since they are so tall and big.

He woke up in time to see the elephant pooping though...whoo hoo! He seemed to like the elephant.

There was all this beautiful bamboo by the elephant so Sandi took some family pictures.

Just look at that sweet face!

The mama and baby orangutan were a crack up. At this point the baby was in trouble and being taken away by its mama. But then they cuddled up together and the baby started nursing. It was very cute.

One last picture near the pretty (but very smelly) pink flamingos! Next we found a spot for me to feed Nathan while Kevin and Sandi ate lunch. It was a very fun day.

If you're wondering where my students were all this time, they were with parent chaperones in small groups. I had so many parents come that I didn't need to be in charge of a group which left me free to be with my family. I just wish I could have drove home with my family. I could do without the bus ride.

Good bye zoo!

1 comment:

Ambie T. said...

Thanks for the post. We never knew what happened to Reggie. It looks like you had a great time!