Thursday, May 31, 2007

Doctor Visits

On Tuesday Nathan had his first doctor visit. The doctor (who was my pediatrician growing up) said he's perfect. He weighed in at 8 lbs 5 oz. It's normal for big babies to lose a lot of weight initially. And today we had a 2nd visit to have him weighed again. The nurse was impressed that he gained 5 ounces since Tuesday. We said "that's great" and she told us it was more than great. We were relieved to know he's gaining weight. It's hard to know how much he gets from breastfeeding. I'm feeling better about nursing and Nathan's getting better at it too. It's a learning process.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Nathan!!!
Let me know if you need any support on the breastfeeding - I have been there, done that.

Laura

Anonymous said...

What a doll. I really enjoy looking at your pictures of the baby. Take one with his eyes open.

grandma Carter